Understanding Your Government's Financial Statement Under the 2020 KMAAG
Understanding Your Government’s Financial Statement Under the 2020 KMAAG will be presented by Swindoll, Janzen, Hawk & Loyd LLC’s Scot Loyd, CPA, CGFM, CFE, CGMA. This presentation will give Counties the attention they deserve in order to better understand their own government’s financial statement. This qualifies those in attendance for 7 CPE units.
October 22, 2019
November 26, 2019
October 29, 2019
November 5, 2019
October 24, 2019
November 21, 2019
Location (NEW Location)
Swindoll, Janzen, Hawk & Loyd, LLC
200 N Main
Hutchinson, KS 67501
$169.00 per attendee
If you have attended these training sessions in the past, this fall session will continue to provide more detail – drilling down into your specific government:
- 2020 Kansas Municipal Audit and Accounting Guide (KMAAG) changes
- Linking your records to your government’s financial statement (including the notes) – covering cash, depository coverage, investments, revenue, expenditures, payroll and debt…and YES, KPERS unfunded liability disclosure.
- Continuing study: REAL WORLD stories of Fraud that help you identify fraud risks in your government entity before it occurs. BE PROACTIVE!
- How to split up duties in a smaller government environment so there are not weaknesses in segregation of duties!
- How do you spot a Material Misstatement in your financial statements?
- Group exercises throughout the day!
All seminars will begin at 9:00 a.m. and end no later than 4:31 p.m. A light breakfast will be provided at each seminar; lunch will not be provided; there will be a light snack provided at the afternoon break.